1 1/4 cups flour
12-ozs. Killians red - or other ale
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3 maui onions
oil - for deep frying
1. Combine flour, cornstarch and salt and pepper to taste in large bowl.
2. Whisk in ale until smooth.
3. Cut onions into 1/4 to 1/3-in. thick slices.
4. Heat oil in deep fryer to 400ºF.
5. Coat onion rings with batter.
6. Gently add to hot oil without crowding pan and cook until golden brown.
7. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
Yield: 4 Servings, 4 POINTS per serving
cblessum on 8/26/2008