8 servings, 4 pts each
2 1/2 cups potato, peeled and diced
1 10-ounce package frozen kernel corn
1 cup carrot, peeled and chopped
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
2 1/2 cups fat-free chicken broth
2 1/2 cups broccoli floret
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups skim milk
6 ounces frozen shrimp (low-fat)
6 ounces imitation fat-free crab flakes (or low-fat)
1 cup fat-free Cheddar cheese, shredded
1. In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, combine potatoes, 1 cup corn, carrots, garlic and chicken broth; bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, until potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
3. Pour potato mixture into food processor or blender and process until smooth.
4. Return mixture to soup pot and add remaining corn and broccoli.
5. Cover pot and cook over medium-high heat about 10 minutes.
6. In a small bowl, combine flour and pepper.
7. Gradually blend in skim milk, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth.
8. Stir into soup.
9. Add shrimp and crab and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
10. Remove soup from heat and stir in cheese until melted. Enjoy!
cblessum on 1/13/2008