1 T. chopped fresh ginger root
1 med. garlic clove
1 T. lemon grass, tender parts only, chopped
2 med. scallions, coarsely chopped
2 oz. cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 oz. cooked lean pork, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 tsp. sesame oil
2 T. soy sauce
20 wonton wrappers
2 T. apricot preserves
2 T. water
1 T. lime juice
1 T. fish sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, place ginger, garlic, lemon grass, and scallions. Pulse until finely chopped. Add shrimp, pork, oil, and soy sauce. Pulse to combine. Spoon mixture into a small bowl and mix well to combine.
3. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place wonton wrappers on prepared baking sheet so they look like diamonds.
4. Fill a small bowl with water and using your finger, coat edges of wrappers with water. Spoon a heaping tsp. of shrimp mixtrue onto middle of each wrapper. Fold each wrap over filling to make a triangle and press to seal edges.
5. Coat tops of wontons with cooking spray and bake, flipping once, about 3 minutes per side. If wontons are not crispy enough, cook for 1 to 2 minutes more.
6. Meanwhile, stir together preserves, water, lime juice and fish sauce in a small bowl. Serve wontons with dipping sauce on the side.
4 servings/ 4 points per serving
cblessum on 1/13/2008