3/4 lb. ground turkey breast
1 med. onion chopped
1 tsp. chili powder
3 T. flour
1 c. skim milk
4 oz. canned jalapeno peppers, drained and chopped
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
2 large wheat flour tortillas
3 c. chopped tomatoes
10 T. (5/8 c.) LF shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Place turkey, onion, and chili powder in skillet and cook until turkey is browned, stirring occasionally to crumble meat, about 8 minutes. Remove turkey mixture from skillet and set aside.
2. Place skillet over medium-high heat and add flour. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes.
3. Remove skillet from heat; stir in turkey mixture, jalapenos and cumin.
4. Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave on HIGH until softened, about 15 seconds. Place 1 tortilla in bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Spread 1/3 of turkey mixture over tortilla. Spoon 1 c. of tomato on top and sprinkle with 1/4 c. cheese. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients, ending up with 2 T. of cheese.
5. Cover pie plate with aluminum foil and cook until cheese melts, about 15 minutes. Let stand, covered, 2 minutes before cutting into 4 wedges.
4 servings/ 6 points each
cblessum on 12/10/2007