Points Value per serving: 4 Core if made with oatmeal
1 cup shredded carrot
1 cup shredded zucchini
1 cup chopped onion
1 clove minced garlic
1, one-ounce slice bread, torn into pieces (CORE: 1/3 cup oatmeal)
2 Tbsp. skim milk
10 ounces extra-lean ground beef (or extra-lean ground turkey or
chicken if you prefer)
2 Tbsp. egg substitute
1 Tbsp. minced parsley
1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
1/4 tsp. ground sage leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray 1 quart baking dish with nonstick spray
2. Grate carrot, zucchini; place on microwavable plate with small amount of water and microwave 2-3 minutes, until softened (Original recipe says to cook until soft in a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray, but this is way easier). Cool enough to be able to handle.
3. Crumble bread (or put oatmeal) in mixing bowl; let stand 10 minutes. Add all other ingredients and mix well.
4. Shape into oval loaf, place in prepared dish.
5. Bake 1 hour or until cooked through.
Remove from oven, let stand 5 minutes.
Original recipe says to cut into 16 slices and 1 serving equals 4 slices. I just cut into 4 equal pieces and 1 is a serving.
cblessum on 8/3/2007