Good when you're alone or when all your family is together. Best feature is that no one has to wait for their special omelette. Have guests write their name or initials on a quart-size Ziploc freezer bag with permanent marker. (We used sandwich size & it worked great.)
- Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the quart size Ziploc bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them.
- Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheese, ham, onion, green
pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, black olives, etc.
- Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shakes.
- Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.
- Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. You
can usually cook 6-8 omelettes in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water. Keep it in a bit longer if you like them more well-done.
- Open the bags and the omelette will roll out easily. Be prepared for everyone to be amazed.
- Nice to serve with fresh fruit and coffee cake; everyone gets involved
in the process and a great conversation piece.
Imagine having these ready the night before and putting the bag in
boiling water while you get ready. And in 13 minutes, you have a nice
omelette for a quick breakfast!
Eggs are 2 points each - if you use all Core ingredients, they are Core! You need to count points for the ingredients you add.
cblessum on 8/2/2007