|RECIPES AND HINTS FOR THE SUPERBOWL PARTY|
Score Big! – Seven Touchdown Tips from Weight Watchers:
1. Squelch your thirst – Drink diet soda, club soda, seltzer, or non-alcoholic beer. If beer is your beverage of choice, remember this – one 12-fluid-ounce can of beer is 150 calories.
2. Something to crunch – Pretzels are a great substitute for chips. They have a super salty taste, hearty crunch, and fewer calories than potato chips per ounce. For added flavor, mustard makes a zesty pretzel dip.
3. Finger food – Order or prepare a fresh fruit or vegetable tray instead of a cheese tray.
4. Slam, dunk and dip – Plain yogurt makes an excellent alternative for sour cream in dips. Fat-free vegetable salsas are very flavorful substitutes for creamy dips, they’re lower in calories, and can spice up any low-fat potato or tortilla chip.
5. Hearty food for the soul – Try putting a healthy spin on a game-day favorite and prepare vegetarian chili instead of the traditional meat-based variety.
6. Zesty hot wings – Instead of buffalo-style wings, make chicken fingers using skinless chicken breast strips. Season with hot sauce or other hot spice and dip into a low-fat blue cheese, mustard, honey, or barbecue sauce.
7. Don’t just sit there! – Get up and get moving before the game, during the extended half-time show, and after the game has ended. Go outside and take an evening stroll or enjoy a game of catch.
You CAN stay in control, even when Game Day may seem impossible. Plan ahead - click on the Appetizers link to find tons of Super recipes! In fact, check the Crockpot, Smoothies, and Desserts too.
Thanks to Missy on our Staff Website for the recipes below!
Also, be sure to check http://www.weightwatchers.com for tons of Super Bowl recipes and tips.