|Healthy Oils = Olive, Canola, Sunflower, Safflower, Flaxseed (2 tsp per day)|
1. The only one that has a taste is Olive, so the others can be put into a smoothie, oatmeal, etc.
2. Fry an egg sandwich
3. Stir fry veggies
4. Add to pasta while cooking
5. Add to canned green beans (Cracker Barrel does it!)
6. Fried potatoes! Buy frozen hash browns where the ingredients say "potatoes" only
7. Pour a teaspoon of flaxseed oil on a baked potato or other veggies. It has a nutty flavor.
8. Rub a teaspoon of olive oil on chicken or fish before baking. No more dried out chicken.
9. Grill cheese sandwich by putting a teaspoon of olive oil in a skillet, put in your bread & cheese sandwich, grill one side and then add another teaspoon of oil and grill the other side.
10. Mix 2 tsp olive oil, 2 tsp red wine vinegar and package of Splenda-great salad dressing.
11. Blend it into mashed potatoes- it may take a little longer than adding butter.
12. Add the oil to the water when making rice.
13. Drizzle over roasted veggies in the oven
14. Drizzle olive oil over a Smart One Pizza. It tastes like pizza from a restaurant!
15. Drizzle on sliced tomatoes with a little Italian seasoning
16. Mix olive oil, Italian seasoning and garlic salt, then dip your light wheat bread in it.
17. Sauté spinach in olive oil
18. Add 2 tsp to fat free Italian dressing for your salad
19. Spread on bread, sprinkle garlic powder and toast in toaster oven
20. Drizzle it over popcorn
21. Add to a serving of the Garden Vegetable soup
22. Add to plain non-fat yogurt (great for core planners)
23. Cook egg whites in it
24. Another salad dressing: 2 tsp canola oil, vinegar (rice is good), dash of celery salt
25. Spread on corn on the cob